The problem with my cooking for other people is I eyeball everything. So here is what I did-ish. I did use a low-fat soy sauce, but it was not GF. I looked it up and you can ( which I think you already know) buy GF soy sauce on Amazon. So it's out there. Asian chicken lettuce wraps Make coconut milk brown rice (I used a can of coconut milk, I made my rice in a rice cooker as if the milk was water. I think I might check a recipe the next time I do it. But this rice was my new favorite.) Chicken marinade(ish) Mix 1/2 c Low sodium Soy sauce 2-3 Tbs Sesame oil (or peanut oil) 1-2 Tbs lime juice 1-3Tbs vinegar (rice wine or red wine, I used red. Whitney suggested the rice wine) 2 tsp ground ginger (I don't use the fresh stuff I use the spice in a bottle kind) People to taste-NO SALT 1-2 Tbs honey Stir and add your chicken ( I suggest cubing it first) I started my rice in the rice cooker and then made the marinade. Set it covered in the fridge for an hour or so while the rice was cooking. Add some sesame oil to a frying pan. It needs to be HOT. Add the chicken when you are ready to cook and some of the juice you used to marinade...Gooey goodness...Add some chopped green onion At the very end add some julienned carrots and zucchini. When it's all cooked add some sesame seeds (obviously everything is to taste and not absolutely necessary) And some peanuts. Or cashews (I felt like that was cheating the clean, but they add the best flavor especially to the coconut rice.) Place some rice and chicken mixture on a butter lettuce leaf. Wrap it up and enjoy. And definitely use the Butter leaf. Bon appétit!
Search This Blog
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Drum roll please.....These are AMAZING!!
The problem with my cooking for other people is I eyeball everything. So here is what I did-ish. I did use a low-fat soy sauce, but it was not GF. I looked it up and you can ( which I think you already know) buy GF soy sauce on Amazon. So it's out there. Asian chicken lettuce wraps Make coconut milk brown rice (I used a can of coconut milk, I made my rice in a rice cooker as if the milk was water. I think I might check a recipe the next time I do it. But this rice was my new favorite.) Chicken marinade(ish) Mix 1/2 c Low sodium Soy sauce 2-3 Tbs Sesame oil (or peanut oil) 1-2 Tbs lime juice 1-3Tbs vinegar (rice wine or red wine, I used red. Whitney suggested the rice wine) 2 tsp ground ginger (I don't use the fresh stuff I use the spice in a bottle kind) People to taste-NO SALT 1-2 Tbs honey Stir and add your chicken ( I suggest cubing it first) I started my rice in the rice cooker and then made the marinade. Set it covered in the fridge for an hour or so while the rice was cooking. Add some sesame oil to a frying pan. It needs to be HOT. Add the chicken when you are ready to cook and some of the juice you used to marinade...Gooey goodness...Add some chopped green onion At the very end add some julienned carrots and zucchini. When it's all cooked add some sesame seeds (obviously everything is to taste and not absolutely necessary) And some peanuts. Or cashews (I felt like that was cheating the clean, but they add the best flavor especially to the coconut rice.) Place some rice and chicken mixture on a butter lettuce leaf. Wrap it up and enjoy. And definitely use the Butter leaf. Bon appétit!
The problem with my cooking for other people is I eyeball everything. So here is what I did-ish. I did use a low-fat soy sauce, but it was not GF. I looked it up and you can ( which I think you already know) buy GF soy sauce on Amazon. So it's out there. Asian chicken lettuce wraps Make coconut milk brown rice (I used a can of coconut milk, I made my rice in a rice cooker as if the milk was water. I think I might check a recipe the next time I do it. But this rice was my new favorite.) Chicken marinade(ish) Mix 1/2 c Low sodium Soy sauce 2-3 Tbs Sesame oil (or peanut oil) 1-2 Tbs lime juice 1-3Tbs vinegar (rice wine or red wine, I used red. Whitney suggested the rice wine) 2 tsp ground ginger (I don't use the fresh stuff I use the spice in a bottle kind) People to taste-NO SALT 1-2 Tbs honey Stir and add your chicken ( I suggest cubing it first) I started my rice in the rice cooker and then made the marinade. Set it covered in the fridge for an hour or so while the rice was cooking. Add some sesame oil to a frying pan. It needs to be HOT. Add the chicken when you are ready to cook and some of the juice you used to marinade...Gooey goodness...Add some chopped green onion At the very end add some julienned carrots and zucchini. When it's all cooked add some sesame seeds (obviously everything is to taste and not absolutely necessary) And some peanuts. Or cashews (I felt like that was cheating the clean, but they add the best flavor especially to the coconut rice.) Place some rice and chicken mixture on a butter lettuce leaf. Wrap it up and enjoy. And definitely use the Butter leaf. Bon appétit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment